The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a part of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe). They are accountable for making sure the release launch train (the group of nimble teams) work nicely together and stick to the SAFe processes.
An RTE is a servant pioneer and trainer for an agile release train (ART), as a scrum master is a slave leader for an agile team. They understand how nimble and lean practices can operate at scale. For the best release train engineer, you can visit this web-site.
The launch train engineer would be the facilitator of this program degree SAFe occasions:
- PI Planning — A meeting for agile teams to program out together another 8-12 months.
- Method demos — Once each iteration, teams exhibit the ART's integrated job.
- ART Sync — A routine meeting together with the merchandise director, merchandise owners, and scrum masters from the nimble launch train.
- Scrum of scrums and PO Sync — To get a Big nimble launch train, instead of having a routine ART Sync, the RTE would ease regular 'scrum of scrums' occasions with All the scrum masters, and Might also ease PO Sync events together with the merchandise manager and the merchandise owners.
Day to day duties
An agile release train should possess an RTE, who's anticipated to be fulltime at the function. When not easing the program level occasions, their daily responsibilities include:
- Coach the lean-agile mindset and clinics members of this nimble launch train, such as scrum masters, nimble team members, and business owners.
- Optimize the flow of work through the nimble release train.
- Catch program flow metrics, along with other Helpful metrics, to encourage constant improvement.
- Assist the merchandise manager to prepare PI Planning and ensure the vision, roadmap, and program backlogs are prepared.
- Help teams together with attribute estimation along with the aggregation of quotes for bigger pieces of work such as capacities and epics.