Whether you are facing theft, DUI, or some other charge you need an experienced criminal attorney to help you fight your case. With countless lawyers to choose from, it can be difficult to find the one right for you. How do you know who to trust with your case and your life?
We know how difficult it is to select one, here are some tips to help you find the best defense attorney for you.
1. Choose a lawyer with a passion for law: You don't want a lawyer to just do his job on your behalf. You need a lawyer who loves his job. Find the top criminal defence lawyers in Toronto who will listen to your story, show interest, and fight for you.
2. Not all experiences are equal: Long experience in tax law is not comparable to experience in the courtroom defending similar allegations. Find an attorney who specializes in your allegations.
3. Trust your feelings: How will your future attorney feel? You want someone to act as your advisor, explain your options, and then let you choose. If your attorney makes you uncomfortable or pressures you to make a decision, choose someone else.
4. Look for confidence, not arrogance: There is always an element of uncertainty in the law. Your attorney cannot guarantee a particular outcome of your case. Choose an attorney who will build a strong case through preparation; not one to fill your mind with promises you can't guarantee.
5. Check the link: A good lawyer will have a reputation to match. Ask friends and confidants which lawyers they recommend. Even the best attorneys have some unhappy clients, but you want someone with better credentials than bad ones.