CPR certification. It's time to take a CPR and First Aid course to start searching the internet. There are many options: CPR, BLS, AED for professional lifeguards, etc. What do you need? Let's take a look at each one by one:


CPR and AED are the most basic classes of CPR available. These include CPR for adults, children, and infants, AEDs (automated external defibrillators), and conscious and unconscious choking. This course is ideal for parents, teachers, personal trainers, security guards, babysitters, etc. 

You can opt for 1st aid and CPR training course at given online sources.

It is important to ensure that you receive a 2-year CPR certification card with this course. Make sure it's taught by the American Heart Association (AHA) or the American Institute of Safety and Health (ASHI).

BLS (Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers)

BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR is an American Heart Association course that covers all of the above, along with 2-person CPR, AEDs, and valve masks. This is a mandatory course for medical personnel, firefighters, paramedics, doctors, dentists, and nurses. If you work in a hospital, you should definitely take this course. Many hospitals only accept AHA certification.

CPR for professional lifeguards

CPR for professional lifeguards is similar to a BLS course but is taught by the American Red Cross. It is also a 2-year certification course but it is not as easy as receiving a BLS class. So it is always recommended to take CPR courses from the American CPR Institute.